CLOUDS API Updates
Sep 5 2023
Jun 1 2023
- System Updates: When using a max or min parameter, the obtime returned will now correspond to the observation time of that max or min value.
Apr 25 2023
- System Updates: Fixed a bug that affected monthly intervals where these start and end datetimes for each month period incorrectly shifted and became increasingly offset over time.
Dec 7 2022
- System Updates: Fixed a bug that affected output when 'ob' was both a selected variable and attribute.
- System Updates: Added addition information on the CSV output for the variable output order
Dec 2 2022
- System Updates: Speed-related changes to back-end process to retrieve raw data, value processing and value conversions
Nov 1 2022
- Website Updates: The web interface was rewritten using Bootstrap 5 CSS. This allows for easier viewing on smaller screens.
- Website Updates: The Locations page replaces filter searching with filtering by map view
Oct 7 2022
- Parameters Updated: wbgt2m has been changed from the Stull method (wbgt2m_stull) to the NDFD method (wbgt_ndfd).
Aug 26 2022
- System Updates: Speed-related changes to backend process to retrieve raw data, process data over each period
Aug 3 2022
- System Updates: Fixed a bug that would hide hourly data from sub-hourly intervals
- System Updates: Changes to use daily reported data from hourly observations (ex: ASOS reports daily airtempmax and airtempmin in hourly observation)
Jun 1 2022
- Parameters Updated: ECONet hourly parameters, such as airtempavg2m, have been updated to include any pre-calculated averages/maximums available.
Mar 9 2022
- System Updates: A bug was patched that affected monthly intervals where these start and end datetimes for each month period incorrectly shifted and became increasingly offset over time.
Mar 1 2022
- Website Updates: Moved API updates from the homepage into its own webpage
Jan 25 2022
- System Updates: User request limits are now based on the number of requests that successfully returned data. Note: This may need to be adjusted in future based on system performance.
- Parameters Added: Added wetbulb temperature (wetbulbtemp) and wetbulb globe temperature (wbgt2m for ECONet) and statistical variants (max/min/avg) to the parameter list.
Jan 24 2022
- System Updates: Fixed a bug that created a bad accumulated value for final observation when using interval=any
Sep 21 2021
- System Updates: Added CSV_long as output format
- System Updates: Fixed a bug that that caused some data offsets issues between minute data and hourly periods
Aug 9 2021
- Website Updates: Updates to the locations, networks and parameters tables to better highlight networks listed
Jul 31 2021
- Website Updates: Past user requests are now on the History page
- Website Updates: Added API changes to homepage
Jul 24 2021
- Network Updated: ASOS and AWOS stations now include those within 25 miles of North Carolina
- Network Updated: ECONet Daily Data removed due to issue with calculation and timezone shifts and daylight saving. Parameters are still available using hourly data.
Jul 7 2021
- Network Updated: USACE stations have been renamed to follow USACE station IDs
Jun 14 2021
- System Updates: Fixed a bug that accumulated values that failed QC
May 24 2021
- Network Updated: Renamed RAWS-MW network to RAWS network for simplification and completed migration of backend data sources to MesoWest
May 21 2021
May 20 2021
- Website Updates: Visual changes for chart output, improved web accessibility and added links to Cardinal
- Network Added: The new network "ECOExt" (ECONet Extended) has been added. It replaces both "NCSU" and "Experimental" networks, which have been removed.
- Station Updated: The station "CAMP" has been moved to a new network named "ECOExT". It was previously "NCSU"
- Station Updated: The station "GRANDFATHR" has been moved to a new network named "ECOExT". It was previously "Experimental"