CLOUDS API ExamplesAPI ArgumentsThis API is designed to be used for power users or for applications that require large amounts of data. To modify your request, URL arguments are used.To form a API Data Query, there are currently 5 required arguments, along with additional optional arguments.
The 5 Required Arguments are
- hash: User Hash Code
- loc: Location
- var: Variables
- start: Datetime Start
- end: Datetime End
- The Query Builder is available for those wanting to customize a list of arguments. This will take you through a step-by-step way of creating your API query. It is recommended to use this when you are first building your query
- A Help Page is available for details about each argument.
NOTE: You can also add "&help" to the data request page to show a customized help based on your arguments. See an example here.
- A User Info will provide you your access code for the 'hash' argument.
- A Parameters Info shows all available parameters that can be chosen as your 'var' argument.
- A Networks Info shows all available networks in the CLOUDS API.
- A Location Info shows all available locations in the CLOUDS API. You can click on a station for more info for that specific station.
Replace /data in your generated URL with /estimateAPI Examples
- Please note: A user hash needs to be added to the URL to use the following examples
- For daily precipitation for all COOP stations in North Carolina for the past two days
- Show a Map of Minute ECONet Air Temperatures and Precipitation over the past 10 minutes
- For yesterday's hourly temperatures in degrees Fahrenheit every hour from Raleigh/Durham International Airport (KRDU)
- For yesterday's high temperatures in degrees Fahrenheit from ASOS stations in North Carolina
- Get a JSON file of yesterday's total precipitation in millimeters from ASOS stations in North Carolina
- Get an CSV file of yesterday's hourly relative humidity and dew point temperature from Lake Wheeler Road station (LAKE) in Raleigh, N.C.
- Show a chart of Observed Precipitation Every 1 Hour at Raleigh, Charlotte, Asheville, and Wilmington Airports Over the last 3 days
- For any of yesterday's hourly temperatures in degrees Fahrenheit from Raleigh/Durham International Airport (KRDU)
- Get an Excel file of yesterday's hourly relative humidity and dew point temperature from Lake Wheeler Road station (LAKE) in Raleigh, N.C.